Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Java Juice

Is That Decaf?, 8x8, Oil Painting on Hardboard, SOLD
I took the photo of this little guy in Manhattan, Kansas. He was standing at a stop light looking like he was waiting to cross the street. There happened to be a coffee cup standing next to him and he seemed to be considering whether he should have a sip! It was just too precious not to paint.

I have committed to doing Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 for the month of September. I'm already a day late (actually several) and a dollar short :-) Anyway, here is my first submission and it's kind of a cheat because I didn't paint it today but I did paint it in a day. I have had family in for my Featured Artist Exhibition and have not had the chance to get in my studio. I will do better tomorrow!

For purchase information: click here

3 comments:

  1. Oh I do hope you do more - this one really caught my eye on Leslie's blog - crows are really intelligent and I'm sure he was trying to figure something out - I've seen films of them dropping nuts on to pedestrian crossings so that when the cars go their tyres crush the nut shells and then they wait for the stop sign and calmly cross the road to get their cracked nut - how ingenious is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the storytelling in this painting, and the colors of that crow are beautiful Found you thru the 30 Day Challenge, how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda, I came over from Leslie's blog, too! I've been looking back through your paintings and they are wonderful! Congratulations on your recent solo exhibition!

    ReplyDelete