Monday, July 15, 2013

My First Painting In A Day - "Hitchcock"

Hitchcock, 8x8, Oil Painting On Hardboard, SOLD

It all began while taking reference photos for a painting of birds on a telephone wire. I noticed that my photos of crows seemed to have humanistic personalities. I also became interested in the Daily Painting movement. I am not a quick painter and didn't have the luxury of painting every day, but I made a commitment (to myself) to try to paint a small painting in one day once a week. These wonderful crows seemed like a great place to start. This is my first "painting in a day". I have to admit, starting it was very intimidating! Did I mention that I am not a quick painter? But he just seemed to be saying, "I dare you to do it!" So here he is - I have named him "Hitchcock" in an homage to the movie The Birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment